Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Wrong Generation

Young boys have always been fascinated by older women! It's a simple, everyday fact of life. That's one reason why I actually feel sorry for Adam - he had no older woman to be fascinated by!

I'm no different. Most of my crushes have been on females considerably older than I. In fact I think the word 'females' makes them sound too young and it would be more appropriate if I called them ladies! Does anyone want to hazard any guesses or put forward any theories for the existence of this phenomenon?

Speaking of older ladies (and gentlemen), isn't it amusing that over here any person who is older than you is addressed as 'Uncle' or 'Aunty'? (Yup! Not even Aunt, but Aunty!) So if you meet someone on the road, it's - "How do you do, Uncle?" Or if you're Mom's friend comes over for dinner and asks you what you are doing - "I'm working with Thomas Cook, Aunty!"

You could 40 years old; as long as the other person is older than you, the U/A word just has to come out. When I addressed my friend's Mom as 'Ma'am' she almost got a heart attack! So the next time I tried 'Mrs. Joshi'; another quasi-cardiac arrest! I think I was thinking of going with 'Mrs. J', but now I think that might be too hazardous to her health!

I think the previous generation sure was lucky. Smoking pot, sleeping around, getting their kicks from listening Led Zeppelin! Hey wait! That's exactly what we do now too! But I still think my Pop had it better!

I mean those were the days of the Revolution and social nonconformism! The typical Beatle hairdos and those kickass-sexy jeans! Or the long flowing hair and the beard with the bright floral shirts! Free sex and loving for all! What I wouldn't give to have lived in those days instead!

9 comments:

Bhatakbhavanya said...

what a coincedence ! i am listening to "heartbreaker " while reading ur post.
Gone are the days of good ol' rock'n'roll!
And also varun will find todays post amusing!!(wink)

Anonymous said...

why exactly will he find it amusing???

yeah man, the "good-ol-days" are certainly gone!

Varun said...

amusin?? its true :D :D .. hey arnold wt do ya think of mrs.pawar?? ;)

Anonymous said...

good.. but not as good as some of the teachers we had at vincents ;)!!

btw... i did finally come across tht music channel VH1.. seems to be pretty good

Varun said...

hmm.... v also did hve sme hotties over at loyola...

hey u shld check out "green channel" on b4u music.. they play sme gud songs smetimes

$upergirl said...

there was this one poll i'd read in a mag bout why guys r fascinated my older ladies...most said it was their maturity and experience (intellectual, emotional and physical !!) that served to be a major turn on...whatever !!

Anonymous said...

varun - i have seen the green channel sometimes.. n the music is indeed pretty good.. but they keep repeating the same videos too often.. pretty good nevertheless!

Anonymous said...

suparna - i believe the older women thing is because they have the "been there done tht" quality! besides a woman's libido tends to peak later than a man's!
plus it's just tht much more exciting to fantasize about an older lady!! ;)

Varun said...

yeah ur rt abt da green channel. A few days ago wen our cable operator had "turned off" Star ka channels he was showin a Pakistani Channel (named C or smthin). That had pretty gud songs thru out da day!! Altho it was not very clear it was worth watchin!