Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Ha Ha!

I was reading an article about last month's Miss India contest which was won by local girl Amrita Thapar. Apparently in the final Q&A round she was asked by one of the judges, "What would you like to have written on your T-shirt and why?"

Her answer was, "Alive and kicking!" I'm not sure what reasons she gave but I'm guessing she was trying to announce to the world that she was pregnant? Unfortunately, I don't quite think the judges saw it that way because she obviously went on to win the coveted title!

Speaking of T-shirt slogans, here are some other interesting ones that I've come across (all on females, I may add) -

STOP STARING!
(like he's actually concentrating on the words?)

I'M UP HERE! (arrow pointing upward toward face)

SURE, THESE ARE REAL!

It just isn't fair! It's not possible for guys to get amazing slogans like these on their T-shirts. The most interesting(?) ones I've seen on guys go something like -

MY MOM TOLD ME NOT TO HAVE ANY SLOGAN ON MY T-SHIRT!

I also came across some funny one-liners from famous personalities. (All in the name of catching up on my reading.) Here are some of the funniest -

"I've always wanted to be the last guy on Earth, just to see if all those women were lying to me."
- Ronnie Shakes

"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend; inside of a dog, it's too dark to read!"
- Groucho Marx

"Time's fun when you're having flies!"
- Kermit the Frog

"It's simple to be wise; just think of something stupid to say and then don't say it."
- Sam Levenson

"I don't consider myself bald; I'm simply taller than my hair."
- Thom Sharp

"When I eventually met Mr Right, I had no idea his first name was Always."
- Rita Rudner

"If your parents never had children, chances are you won't either."
- Dick Cavett

"I estimate you have the same chance of winning the lottery whether you play or not."
- Fran Lebowitz

"I didn't really say everything I said."
- Yogi Berra

10 comments:

Aditya Bidikar said...

Hey Arnold! I've got a file of at least 1000-2000 quotations, most of them great. I could mail it to you if you like. That way, you can catch up on my reading. (Rather poor joke, don't you think?)

Anonymous said...

has tht got some sorta sexual slang to it btw? sure go ahead and mail..

btw i'm online right now.. do u hv a yahoo or msn id??

Abhishek said...

I saw one in Mid-day that sanjay suri was wearing -

It had two arrows one pointing up and one down. Below the up arrow was written - 'the man' and above the down arrow was written 'the legend' - thought that was really unique

Anonymous said...

unique maybe. but i'm not even sure i've understood wht he was trying to say!

Aditya Bidikar said...

Hi Arnold, I'll send the file tonight. I've got a Yahoo ID, but I haven't got Messenger, and at night I use a Tata Indicom connection (Rs. 24/hr - telephone fees apart). I'll mail you when I get a better connection, and then we can chat. Ciao till then.

$upergirl said...

hey arnold...nice blog..u write on really interesting stuff !! :) and a rather frequent blogger i must say...u post nearly every day !! btw wat was that article of urs which came in RD ?? Is it put up here ??

Anonymous said...

sure aditya. btw u mentioned u got a lot of friends in vit.. anyone i know perchance??

Anonymous said...

thnx Sups!! i do try to put up atleast one post everyday, but sometimes just cant come up with anything intrsting to write about...
the RD situation is as ironic as it gets. firstly they havent clearly mentioned wht they selected (i sent abt 4-5)... all i know is that it starts with "a customer.." and ends with "..amount" ... wnd wht's even worse is that it will appear in the american edition so i prob will nvr even see it...!!!

Anonymous said...

hey Arnold

buy TANTRA T-shirts ,u will get good oneliners printed on it.

Anonymous said...

tantra? never heard of them.. will hv to check this out... i'm not much of a "one-liner on T-shirt" kind of a guy... will give them a look see though!