Sunday, April 03, 2005

Here's One B*O*R*E*D Cat!!

A lazy Sunday morning with nothing to do...
Pope John Paul II passed away last night, his health having deteriorated over the past few weeks. He was a special Pope in many ways, and will surely be dearly missed by more than just the 1.1 billion Roman Catholics world-wide. His suffering here on Earth is over. May his soul rest in peace.
It's a freakish coincidence that I finished reading Dan Brown's "Angels and Demons" (which involves the passing away of the Pope) just last week. Somehow I don't think the real world scenario (selection of new Pope, et al) is going to be as exciting or action-packed as Brown's novel, but you never know! *winks*
Again coincidently, I'm currently reading the book "In God's Name" by David Yallop, which deals with the alleged murder of Pope John Paul I (JP II's immediate predecessor) in 1978. Just too many coincidences for my liking. Am starting to get freaked out!!
My Mom just popped her head in the door because I was singing too loudly! Lesson learnt - Do not try to alleviate your Sunday morning boredom by crooning in unison with Don Henley!! *blushes*

Before I go though, here's a joke I heard yesterday -
You know you're in the US when you hear a wife rushing in shouting out to her hubby, "Come quick! My kids and your kids have teamed up and are beating up our kids!"

Yip Yip Cheerio!!!

No comments: