Tuesday, March 15, 2005

Live from the Staple Center ...

Hey folks!! It's that time of the year again; when I get to dish out the Arnies. Awards recognizing excellence in various fields. So without any further delay I'd like to present *music* THE 34th ANNUAL ARNIE AWARDS!! *applause applause*

The following are the winners (in no particular order)

-> Most competent at making an ass of one's self:- Animesh
This one was really tough. It was hard (read: impossible) to decide between Aminesh and IIT!! But then I ultimately decided that Animesh was slightly better!

-> Best Novel:- "The Da Vinci Code" - Dan Brown
Pretty good book. Nice blend of fact and fiction.

-> Most interesting movie:- The Passion of Christ
I know most of you'll must be throwing virtual rotten eggs at me for this choice but... Hey that's one of the privileges of having your own award ceremony!

-> Most gay:- Animesh
Don't need to say too much about this... *blushes*

-> Biggest upset victory:- Greece in Euro 2004, Portugal
I picked this instead of Congress over BJP in the Parliamentary Elections, India, May 2004 for no reason other than I like soccer more than politics!

-> Worst TV Show:- Jassi Jaisi Koi Nahin
I couldn't decide between JJKN and Indian Idol, both shows that are immensely popular with the general public but I totally loathe. I think I hate JJKN a tiny bit more though.

-> Most fun to hang out with:- Lara
Not a hard choice. Thanks for an amazing December.

-> Best new TV serial:- The Joey Show
For a die hard F*R*I*E*N*D*S fan this wasn't a hard pick.

-> Biggest let-down:- 31st Dec 2004
My worst New-Year's ever. Very disappointing - especially after my best Christmas ever... *smiles*

->Sexiest Accent:- Zahra (Australian)
Hard choice. But I like her accent a lot and think I'll go with it.

-> Best Substitute German Teacher:- Julia
(and Julia and Julia and...)

-> Best Soccer Team:- Arsenal
Yeah, I know they're screwing up big time now, but they were pretty awesome over last one year or so.

-> Easiest Lay:- Garima
(Although I don't speak from personal experience!!)

-> Hottest New Sportsperson:- Sania Mirza
Her meteoric rise into the top 100 (she's ranked 73 as I write) has captured hearts of many in the country. While I myself do not quite believe she has the potential to reach the very top, she certainly is amply blessed with oomph-factor!! *fans himself under the collar* It was hard to leave out Maria Sharapova in this category but I'd give it to SM over MS if for no better reason than a dash of patriotism.

-> Lifetime Entertainment Award (whatever that means!!):- F*R*I*E*N*D*S
It was heart-wrenchingly sad to bid adieu to our favorite sitcom and there were tears all along. Life without Rachel, Ross, Joey, Chandler, Monica and Phoebe just isn't the same. For the record, I haven't seen the final episode yet!

That's all for this year. I'd give away more awards but I don't really have the time. Congratulations to all the winners, and losers - you suck!!! Till next year then ...

No comments: