Sunday, February 05, 2006

Annum Uno!

It’s been almost a year since I wrote my first post - twelve months of blogging for me! Well, not really twelve, since I did take a break in between as is evident from the absence of the entries for July and August in my archives.

This blog has undergone quite a few changes during the past year. They range from the obvious - changes in template, name etc; to the subtle - changes in style, subject matter of posts etc.

I’ve changed the template of this blog more than once. It was initially black, which made it a real pain to read. I’d strongly advise people against using black (or any other similarly dark hue) as the background for their blog. For some reason, such color combinations tend to hurt your eyes more than the lighter ones. As a rule of thumb, I’d suggest ensuring that the color of your text is darker than the color of of the background, instead of the other way around.

The name of this blog has been changed even more often - from ‘C’est La Vie’ as it originally started off, to ‘C’est La Mort’ when I stopped blogging, to ‘C’est La Rèsurrection’ when I resumed! The current name (‘The Smiling Buddha’) has formed itself out of nowhere, and will only serve until a better one springs up in my not-so-fertile mind.

The changes in my style of writing over the past year are somewhat harder to place one’s finger on, but nevertheless do exist. For one thing, I’ve cut down heavily on the profanities that used to pepper my posts during my rookie months as a blogger. When I first started off, the blog would have been enough to make a sailor blush, but today it would probably get a U (Universal) rating. With respect to content, I’d say the initial, inchoate blog consisted mainly of rants, then went into a humor phase, and now includes pretty much everything (or nothing as the tagline suggests)!

I’ve come to know quite a few new people through blogging. Every once in a while someone I don’t know pops up and says, “Hey, I read your blog and I really like it!” and that really means something to me. (Clichéd, but true!) Of course, it doesn’t hurt to have more people coming in to this blog, and so anyone wishing to add me to their blogroll is more than welcome!

And finally, in keeping with the subject of my very first post - this year’s match happened last evening. And once again, we lost! 3-1, this time. At least, I have the face-saving consolation of being able to claim that I scored our only goal.

So here’s wishing me another (hopefully uninterrupted, this time!) year in the world of blogging! Cheers!

2 comments:

_dirtboy said...

Cheers dude.. A tidy milestone there.. And as a regular here(well almost,except for a couple of weeks in sep

_dirtboy said...

,The iit vit day),i dint find the subtle changes very noticeable. Actually,i never even noticed the change in title till the smilin bud came along.I was shocked.. But knowin you,took it in stride.
Anyways,all the best