Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Business That Doesn’t Sell

Yesterday, I came across an advertisement painted on a wall that read (and I kid you not about this):

Tender Touch Children’s Hospital
Phone no.: _________

Now, I’m not exactly sure why, but for some reason I think there’s something funny about the name. Okay, fine I’ll admit it. I do know why -- it reeks of pedophilia! I can’t imagine how the brain behind this “hospital” came up with such a terrible name for his little “child molesting center”. He might as well have just said, “Hey! We’d like to fiddle about with your precious children and then send you a bill for it!”

I’d also be interested in meeting some of the clientele of this place. I believe I could sell the non-functional piece of cardboard, that I bought off the Internet for $500, to them at a handsome profit. My motto is -- “If you meet stupid people, make some money off it.” (The person who sold me that piece of cardboard on E-Bay had a similar motto, I presume.)

What other inappropriate names can you think of for businesses? Off the top of my head, here are some that I came up with:

1. Laugh It Off -- Funeral Home
2. Ave Satanus -- Catholic Goods Store
3. Big Paunch -- Beer
4. Ugly Figures -- Clothes for Women
5. Coke Rocks -- Rehab Center for Drug Addicts


What can you think of?

10 comments:

FifthBeatle said...

kunal - Indeed, maccha, indeed! We all await the photo...

_dirtboy said...

Include this in the list.. Someone, in fact, does have this as his/her blog link
http://i-hate-to-blog.blogspot.com
ahemm..

FifthBeatle said...

the3 fac3smash3r - yeah, okay. even though "blogging" is not a business (not for most bloggers, any way) and even if it is, saying you "hate doing it" doesn't make you bad at it or make it bad for the customer of the service!

P said...

lol

FifthBeatle said...

perspective inc. - thanks

RT .. hXc?LqD said...

lolz ... nyce blogs ...gonna drop in more!!

FifthBeatle said...

rt .. hxc?lqd - Sure.. What's the name supposed to mean? And do i know you?

Anonymous said...

how about 'final diagnosis - pathology laboratory'

RT .. hXc?LqD said...

ohh .. d name .. its 2 b read as hardcoreliquid .. a self-adopted nick .. lol .. nd no u dunno me .. nor do I know u .. a frend sent ur link 2 chek out another blog of urs .. "single guys,committed girls" .. read dat n all others .. must say u're rather good at concocting ur blogs!! :)

Anonymous said...

lol! cant think of any myself tho..